Sunday, January 23, 2011

A "Turn Down Service" @Home

Its been crazy busy last couple of days!!! skiing,hiking, shopping,... what not..People take vacations to refuel themselves,ironically I was left with no energy after mine...But no complaints. I enjoyed to the core and at the end that is what matters.Right?

Last week we were excited to welcome back our good friends AJ and CM,who got married recently. we had this plan of spending the first day together at our place..It was their first visit after getting married...So I wanted to give them a surprise.

So I spiced up their bedroom a little. :)

Making  the bed was the first and most important thing to take care of..keeping it neat and tidy..  I am sure I don't have to explain how to make a bed with pillows and bed spread. .forget about the blanket. Instead I used a smooth thin bed linen/spread. the thinner the better.. I have seen hotels doing the turn down services very elegantly ...But I never got a chance to find out how they are doing it. and even though I spend hours and days in front of my lap top, nothing came out,everyone has a picture of a beautiful bed, but no one has an idea how they did it. So at last I thought I would try to figure it out myself. and to be honest it wasn't easy,..After fiddling with the sheets for hours I  finally was able to recreate a pattern.



1) I folded the sheet into two along the breadth. and placed it on the foot side of the bed..

2,)Now without disturbing the lower side I started folding the upper portion in accordion fashion.

3,4)I did the folding till the middle of the sheet and started doing the same from the other side.

5)then I pulled the folds downwards together.

6,7) Take the two end of the tails side ways and tucked them under the sheet where the tail starts...you can make it look like a heart, circle....

(the sheet in the picture is not wide enough, you should use a wider one to create a beautiful design.)

Then I put some rose petals on the boundary, to pop out the design..

I made two swans out of their bath towels. You can find the instructions here. I also placed a bunch or roses with the swans.

On the side table I placed some fresh roses. two glasses of wine, some chocolate dipped strawberries and a candle center piece.I used three cylindrical glass bud vases for this,(I got it from dollar tree),poured some water in it, and floated tea light candles..


I also placed some tea light candles on the floor in 3 separate heart shapes..


The Result... ;)



Love
Priya

No comments:

Post a Comment